Bhalukpong is a scenic town located in the West Kameng district of the state of Arunachal Pradesh in India. It is a paradise for nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and history buffs alike. This small town is situated on the border of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh and is surrounded by the majestic Himalayas. In this article, we will take a look at the top 5 places to visit in Bhalukpong.
Bhalukpong is a picturesque town that offers stunning views of the Himalayas and an abundance of flora and fauna. It is the gateway to the state of Arunachal Pradesh and is located at a distance of around 213 km from Guwahati, the capital city of Assam. The town is known for its rich history, cultural diversity, and natural beauty.
2. Bhalukpong Fort
Bhalukpong Fort is a popular tourist destination that was built in the 10th century. The fort is located on the banks of the Kameng River and offers a spectacular view of the surrounding hills. It was once the seat of power of the Bhalukpong Kingdom and is now a protected monument under the Archaeological Survey of India.
3. Pakhui Wildlife Sanctuary
Pakhui Wildlife Sanctuary is a haven for wildlife lovers and adventure enthusiasts. The sanctuary is located in the East Kameng district and covers an area of around 862 sq km. It is home to a variety of flora and fauna, including tigers, leopards, elephants, and several species of birds. Visitors can take a jeep safari to explore the sanctuary and get a chance to see these animals in their natural habitat.
4. Tipi Orchidarium
Tipi Orchidarium is a must-visit destination for nature lovers. It is located in the West Kameng district and is home to over 500 species of orchids. The orchidarium is maintained by the Botanical Survey of India and is spread over an area of around 10 hectares. Visitors can take a stroll through the gardens and witness the beauty of these exotic flowers.
5. Tenga Valley
Tenga Valley is a scenic valley located in the East Kameng district. It is surrounded by hills and forests and is a popular spot for trekking and camping. The valley is home to several streams and waterfalls, and visitors can take a dip in the crystal-clear waters. The valley is also known for its apple orchards and is a great place to relax and unwind.
6. Kameng River
The Kameng River is a major river that flows through Bhalukpong. It is a popular spot for river rafting and kayaking. The river is surrounded by lush forests and provides a thrilling experience for adventure enthusiasts.
Bhalukpong is a hidden gem in the state of Arunachal Pradesh that is waiting to be explored. It offers a perfect blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. The town is surrounded by hills and forests, and there are several places to visit that will take your breath away. So, if you are planning a trip to the Northeast of India, make sure to add Bhalukpong to your itinerary.
- What is the best time to visit Bhalukpong? Ans. The best time to visit Bhalukpong is from October to March when the weather is pleasant and comfortable.
- How can I reach Bhalukpong? Ans. The nearest airport to Bhalukpong is in Tezpur, which is around 52 km away. The nearest railway station is in Bhalukpong itself. You can also reach Bhalukpong by road as it is well connected to major cities like Guwahati, Tezpur, and Itanagar.
- Are there any accommodation options in Bhalukpong? Ans. Yes, there are several accommodation options in Bhalukpong, ranging from budget to luxury. Some of the popular options include the Bhalukpong Tourist Lodge, Hotel Elysium, and Drukpa Homestay.
- What are some other places to visit near Bhalukpong? Ans. Some other places to visit near Bhalukpong include the Dirang Valley, Sessa Orchid Sanctuary, and Bomdila.
- Is it safe to travel to Bhalukpong? Ans. Yes, Bhalukpong is a safe destination for travelers. However, it is always advisable to take necessary precautions and be aware of your surroundings.