Anaheim, California, known for its sunny weather and being home to Disneyland, offers a wide array of attractions and activities for visitors. Whether you're a thrill-seeker, an art enthusiast, or a nature lover, Anaheim has something to offer everyone. In this comprehensive guide, we'll explore the 11 best things to do in Anaheim, CA, ensuring your visit is both memorable and enriching.
1. Disneyland Resort: The Happiest Place on Earth
No visit to Anaheim is complete without experiencing the magic of Disneyland Resort. This iconic theme park offers a range of thrilling rides, enchanting shows, and meet-and-greet opportunities with beloved Disney characters. Let's dive deeper into what makes Disneyland Resort so special:
Disneyland Park: Where Dreams Come True
- Main Street, U.S.A.: Begin your journey down Main Street, which oozes small-town charm and leads to Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- Sleeping Beauty Castle: The iconic symbol of Disneyland, this castle is a must-see. Explore its enchanting interior and catch the fireworks show at night.
- Adventureland: Embark on adventures in a tropical jungle, exploring the famous Jungle Cruise.
- New Orleans Square: Home to the thrilling Pirates of the Caribbean ride and the enchanting Haunted Mansion.
- Frontierland: Live the Wild West experience on attractions like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- Fantasyland: Meet classic Disney characters and experience timeless attractions like “It's a Small World.”
- Tomorrowland: Immerse yourself in the future with rides like Space Mountain and Star Tours.
- Mickey's Toontown: Discover the whimsical world of Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
Disney California Adventure Park: California Dreaming
- Cars Land: Step into the world of Radiator Springs and enjoy thrilling rides like Radiator Springs Racers.
- Grizzly Peak: Experience the beauty of the great outdoors with attractions like Grizzly River Run.
- Paradise Pier: Home to exciting rides like California Screamin' and Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Hollywood Land: Immerse yourself in the glitz and glamour of Hollywood, and don't miss the Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!
- Pixar Pier: A dedicated area for Pixar fans, featuring the Incredicoaster and Toy Story-themed attractions.
- Downtown Disney District: Shop for Disney merchandise and enjoy diverse dining options.
2. Knott's Berry Farm: Thrills and History
For a different kind of theme park experience, head to Knott's Berry Farm. It's famous for its adrenaline-pumping roller coasters and rich history dating back to 1920. Here's what you can expect:
- Ghost Town: Step back in time to the Old West and explore ghostly legends, complete with gun-slinging bandits.
- Camp Snoopy: Perfect for little ones, this area features kid-friendly rides and the chance to meet the Peanuts gang.
- Fiesta Village: Enjoy the vibrant culture of Mexico with rides and entertainment.
- The Boardwalk: Experience the adrenaline rush of roller coasters like HangTime and Xcelerator.
- Indian Trails: Learn about Native American culture in a serene and educational setting.
- Wild Water Wilderness: Get soaked on water rides like Bigfoot Rapids.
3. Anaheim GardenWalk: Shopping and Dining Paradise
Anaheim GardenWalk is the ideal place for shopping, dining, and entertainment. Here are some of the highlights:
- Retail Therapy: Explore an array of shops offering everything from fashion to home décor.
- Dining Delights: Savor cuisines from around the world, including American, Italian, and Mexican.
- Entertainment Galore: Enjoy live music, comedy, and more at the House of Blues.
4. Muzeo Museum and Cultural Center: A Glimpse into History and Art
The Muzeo Museum and Cultural Center is a hub for art and culture in Anaheim. It's divided into two sections:
- Anaheim Heritage Center: Delve into Anaheim's history and heritage through photographs and artifacts.
- Carnegie Gallery: Experience diverse art exhibitions and collections that rotate regularly.
5. Discovery Cube Orange County: Where Science Meets Fun
The Discovery Cube Orange County is an educational treat for families. It features interactive exhibits, including:
- Eco Challenge: Learn about environmental conservation and sustainability.
- Rocket Lab: Discover the principles of aerodynamics and rocket science.
- Inspector Training Course: Become a detective for a day and solve crimes using forensic science.
- Planetary Research Station: Explore the mysteries of the cosmos and learn about space exploration.
6. Packing House: A Food Lover's Paradise
The Packing House in Anaheim is a gastronomic wonderland. This culinary marketplace is home to numerous food vendors serving a variety of delectable dishes:
- Popbar: Customize your gelato, sorbet, or yogurt popsicle with your favorite toppings.
- Black Sheep Grilled Cheese Bar: Savor gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches with creative ingredients.
- Georgia's Restaurant: Indulge in Southern comfort food like fried chicken and mac ‘n' cheese.
- Chippy Fish & Grill: Feast on fish and chips with a modern twist.
7. Angel Stadium of Anaheim: The Home of the Angels
The Angel Stadium of Anaheim is a must-visit for sports enthusiasts. Catch a game of baseball and experience the thrill of the sport at this iconic stadium.
8. Honda Center: A Hub for Sports and Entertainment
The Honda Center is a versatile arena that hosts a wide range of events, from ice hockey games featuring the Anaheim Ducks to live concerts by world-famous artists.
9. Yorba Regional Park: A Tranquil Escape
Yorba Regional Park is a serene oasis in the heart of Anaheim. It offers:
- Picnic Areas: Enjoy a leisurely picnic by the lake.
- Hiking Trails: Explore the scenic trails, ideal for nature lovers.
- Fishing: Try your hand at fishing in the lake, which is stocked with catfish and trout.
- Playgrounds: Let the kids have fun at the playgrounds while you relax.
10. Oak Canyon Nature Center: Embrace Nature's Beauty
Oak Canyon Nature Center is a haven for nature enthusiasts. It boasts:
- Trails: Hike through oak woodlands and scenic canyons on well-maintained trails.
- Wildlife Viewing: Observe local flora and fauna, from native plants to birds and small mammals.
- Amphitheater: Attend nature programs and educational events at the outdoor amphitheater.
In conclusion, Anaheim, CA, has a lot to offer, from the enchanting world of Disneyland to the thrills at Knott's Berry Farm, the cultural experience at Muzeo Museum, and the culinary delights at Packing House. With a range of outdoor options like Yorba Regional Park and Oak Canyon Nature Center, Anaheim promises an unforgettable experience for every traveler. Don't miss out on the 11 best things to do in this vibrant city.
Q1: What's the best time to visit Disneyland Resort?
A1: Disneyland is magical year-round, but consider visiting on weekdays during the off-peak season to avoid crowds.
Q2: Are there any discounts available for Knott's Berry Farm tickets?
A2: Yes, you can often find discounts and deals online or through various promotions.
Q3: What's the signature dish at Packing House?
A3: Packing House is known for its gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and diverse culinary offerings.
Q4: Can I buy tickets for Anaheim Angels games at Angel Stadium on the day of the game?
A4: Yes, you can purchase tickets at the stadium, but it's advisable to buy them in advance for popular games.
- Plan Ahead: Make a rough itinerary to ensure you cover your chosen attractions efficiently.
- Pack Comfortably: Wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking and standing in long lines.
- Stay Hydrated: Anaheim can get hot, so carry water to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Check Show Schedules: Know the showtimes for parades and performances in advance.
- Use Mobile Apps: Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm have apps that provide maps, wait times, and more.
- Stay Late: Many rides at Disneyland are less crowded in the evening.