Bordi is a small, idyllic coastal town located in the Palghar district of Maharashtra, India. Blessed with natural beauty and rich cultural heritage, Bordi has become a popular tourist destination over the years. Whether you are a nature lover, a history enthusiast, or just looking for a relaxing getaway, Bordi has something to offer for everyone. In this article, we will be discussing the top 5 places to visit in Bordi that you should not miss out on.
Aswali Dam is a beautiful man-made lake located near Bordi. Surrounded by lush greenery and scenic landscapes, the dam is a popular picnic spot among locals and tourists alike. You can spend a relaxing day here, enjoying the serene surroundings, and indulging in activities like boating and fishing. The dam also offers a great opportunity for nature photography.
Bahrot Caves is a network of ancient rock-cut caves located in the vicinity of Bordi. These caves are believed to be over a thousand years old and are a testimony to the rich cultural heritage of the region. The caves have intricate carvings and sculptures depicting various Hindu deities, and visiting them is a must for history enthusiasts.
Bordi Beach is a serene and tranquil beach located near the town. The beach is clean and uncrowded, making it a perfect spot for relaxation and rejuvenation. You can enjoy a leisurely walk on the beach, soak up the sun, or indulge in activities like swimming and surfing. The beach also offers breathtaking views of the sunset.
Umergaon Beach is another popular beach located near Bordi. The beach is known for its pristine white sand and clear blue waters, making it a perfect spot for swimming and sunbathing. The beach also offers a great opportunity for adventure enthusiasts, with activities like parasailing and jet skiing.
Kelwa Beach is a beautiful beach located near Bordi. The beach is known for its picturesque surroundings and breathtaking views of the Arabian Sea. You can spend a relaxing day here, enjoying the serene surroundings, and indulging in activities like swimming and beach volleyball.
In conclusion, Bordi is a hidden gem that has a lot to offer for tourists. From natural beauty to rich cultural heritage, the town has something for everyone. The above-mentioned places are just a few of the many attractions that Bordi has to offer. So, if you are planning a trip to Maharashtra, don't forget to add Bordi to your itinerary.
- What is the best time to visit Bordi? The best time to visit Bordi is between October and March, when the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities.
- Is Bordi safe for tourists? Yes, Bordi is a safe destination for tourists. However, like any other place, it is always advisable to take necessary precautions and stay alert.
- Are there any accommodations available in Bordi? Yes, there are plenty of accommodations available in Bordi, ranging from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxury resorts.
- Can I visit all the above-mentioned places in a day? No, it is not possible to visit all the above-mentioned places in a day. It is advisable to plan your itinerary accordingly and allocate sufficient time to each attraction.
- Are there any food options available near these attractions? Yes, there are plenty of food options available near these attractions, ranging from local street food to restaurants serving continental cuisine.